- Martin L. Schroeder DDS, MAGD
Matthew C. Schroeder DDS
- 134 North Main Street
Biglerville, PA 17307-9416
- (717) 677-8145
Martin Schroeder, DDS
Providing superior dentistry to my patients has been my goal for the 30 plus years I’ve been in practice. Optimal oral health is such an integral part of living a long, healthy life, and I want to give my patients the opportunity to have the very best that the profession has to offer.
Education and Honors
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology – Gettysburg College,
- Doctorate of Dental Surgery – Baltimore College of Dental Surgery, University of Maryland. Honors graduate, OKU (National Honorary Dental Society for Dentists), Gorgas Honorary Dental Society, Gamma Phi Delta Prosthodontic Honorary Society, Pediatric Dentistry Department Graduation Award, Who's Who Among Students in American Universities and Colleges
- General Practice Dental Residency, United States Air Force Hospital, Davis Monthan Air Force Base
- The Air Force Commendation Medal for meritorius service.
- Fellowship, the Academy of General Dentistry
- Mastership, the Academy of General Dentistry
- LLSR (Life Long Learning and Service Recognition) Award, Academy of General Dentistry
Being active in the dental community is a great way to stay current with new dental technology and techniques.
- I am active in many dental organizations not only as a member but also in various leadership roles:
American Dental Association, former delegate.
- Pennsylvania Dental Association former delegate and committee member.
- Hanover-Gettysburg Dental Association, former secretary and president.
- Academy of General Dentistry, former national committee chair and committee member and delegate.
- Pennsylvania Academy of General Dentistry, former delegate, committee member, (currently the Advocacy Committee), Regional Director and past president.
- Peirre Fauchard Academy, Fellow.
- Academy of Dentistry International, Fellow.
- International College of Dentists, Fellow.
- Adams County Oral Health Study Club, founding member.
- American College of Dentistry, Fellow.
Outside the Office
I have been married to my wife, Janet, for 41 years. We have three sons of whom we are very proud. Luke is a Johns Hopkins graduate and an All-American swimmer, with an MBA from Stanford University. He is Principal in Gryphon Investors, a private equity firm in San Francisco, CA. He is married to Dr. Nikki Schroeder and they have one daughter, Cassie. Matt is a graduate of Colgate University and the University of Maryland Dental School and recently joined me at Schroeder Family Dentistry. He is married to Katie and they have twin boys, Aaron and Zac. Hans is a graduate of Toccoa Falls College in Georgia and works for Menlo Logistics in Carlisle, PA. He is also a teacher and director at the Gettysburg Community Theater He is married to Renea and they have one son, Parker, My four grandchildren are the object of so much of my love and attention.
I enjoy playing golf, photography, reading, working on the computer, gardening, and working on my house. I am an active member of Christ Evangelical Lutheran Church in Gettysburg, PA where I sing in the church choir. I also sing bass in a 30 voice choir associated with the Gettysburg Lutheran Seminary and the Music Gettysburg Community Concert Series (Schola Cantorum). In addition, I am on the Board of Directors of the Gettysburg Community Theater.
In the Community
I am dedicated to the success of my community and work with several organizations that provide dental care to those in need. I have been the school dentist for the Upper Adams School District for almost 30 years, have participated in a Missionary Dental Journey through Living Water Missions in Guatemala, and was a volunteer with the Adams County Headstart Clinic and the National Online Smileline through the AGD.